Welcome to San Jose, Costa Rica & to the New Balmoral Hotel
"The Hotel Full of Life Where Everything is Within Reach"
Located in the historical and lively heart of downtown San Jose, Costa Rica, right on Avenida Central, Costa Rica’s most famous and visited pedestrian-boulevard and only 11 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport, the Balmoral is an independent, four star, full service, Art Deco landmark hotel ideal for both business and leisure travellers.
Built in the 1950's, the Balmoral Hotel was at the time the tallest building in Costa Rica. For decades, it has been the place to stay, to meet, to enjoy good food and drinks, to experience Costa Rican friendly service and welcoming hospitality in downtown San Jose; a favorite amongst for locals and visitors alike.
While committed to preserving its own identity and heritage, as well as downtown San Jose’s architecture, history, culture and traditions, the Balmoral is also committed to constant innovation and improvement. The year of the celebration of its 50th anniversary, the Balmoral set itself a new vision for the hotel and embarked not only on a mayor remodellation, but also an expansion of its facilities and services. The result is:
"The New Balmoral, The Hotel Full of Life Where Everything is Within Reach."
Four elements underpin this vision, which is now a reality, but continuous to guide our daily drive for improvement:
- Best location:
- Within walking distance of the Balmoral, you will find San Jose’s main art, cultural, financial, government and historical landmarks and institutions e.g. National and Melico Salazar Theaters, National, Gold and Jade Museums, the Metropolitan Cathedral, as well as some of city’s best entertainment, shopping, and healthcare facilities.
- While staying at the Balmoral, you can also take a wide variety of one-day tours to discover Costa Rica’s most sought after natural attractions: trail walking in the Irazu and Poas volcanos, white water rafting in the Pacuare and Reventazon rivers, thrilling canopy tours, or simply relaxing at the Lancaster Gardens and the Butterfly farms and much more….
- Ample, convenient, and pleasant facilities:
- Comfortable and spacious rooms providing all the amenities needed for a pleasant stay. Our rooms are carpet and smoke free and offer restful beds and linens, WiFi, A.C., minibars, safety boxes, (27”, 32” and 43” LCD or LED) flat screen TV’s with cable TV, and energy and water saving devices. We also have wheelchair accessible rooms and bathrooms.
- Within the hotel you will find: “El Patio del Balmoral” our award winning restaurant, bar, cafe, pizzeria, and wine shop considered a true tropical oasis of taste. Do not miss our free Live Music (Wednesdays and Fridays evenings from 7:30pm to 9:30pm)
- “La Galeria del Balmoral”, a well sorted shopping galeria with a pharmacy, bank ATM, hair salon, leather, candy, art, jewelry and souvenir stores, where hotel guests receive discounts.
- “Los Eventos del Balmoral”, Seven ample, versatile and fully equipped meeting rooms ranging from boardrooms to conference facilities.
- Friendly staff and multiple services:
- Our friendly service known as “pura vida” hospitality will make you feel right at home as it has for many of our clients that have been visiting us for decades and which are not only our valued guests, but our dear friends.
- Airport Transfer Services, 24 hour Front Desk and Surveillance, Tour Desk, Room and Laundry Services, Emergency Medical Assistance, Bellboy and Concierge Services are amongst are many services.
- Our commitment to providing the best value for your money:
- We endeavor to provide quality facilities and services at the best value for your money. Below is a list of our complimentary services
- Breakfast Buffet (6 am to 9 am)
- WiFi (up to 15 Mbps)
- Indoor Parking (subject to availability)
- International Calls to USA
- Live Music (Wed. & Fri. 7:30pm to 9:30pm)
- Local Newspapers (lobby & cafe)
- Maid & Concierge Service
- 24 Hour Ambulance Service
- Discounts at Hotel Shops
The hotel is also committed to sustainable practices, which protect the environment and promote the social and economic well being of all of the hotel’s stakeholders and of downtown San Jose.
Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, come, discover and enjoy San Jose Costa Rica at the New Balmoral,
“The Hotel Full of Life Where Everything is Within Reach.”